After School Programs
Ann Arbor Christian School is pleased to offer a comprehensive after school program to support the schedules of working families and to provide structured homework support for our students.
For Preschool or half-day Kindergarten students who need a full-day experience (regularly or periodically), our Aftercare program is available from 11:45 a.m. until 3:15 p.m. on days they attend school. During Aftercare, students participate in various activities, including: lunch, recess, Bible and story time, rest time, theme-based activities, creative play time (including organized games and group activities), and snack time.
Our aftercare program is in full compliance with State of Michigan regulations.
Extended School Program
Our Extended School Program (ESP) runs from 3:15-5:30 p.m. each school day. During this time, there is a structured time for homework, snack, outdoor play, and special activities such as art projects, science activities, games, gardening and cooking. Our ESP program is a multi-age program, but our staff carefully differentiates projects to be appropriate for all students.
Homework & Math Support
Homework and math support for students in grades 5-8 is run through our ESP program and allows students to receive a teacher’s guidance and support while working on homework between 3:15 and 4:15 p.m. General homework support is offered Tuesday and Thursday by one of our middle school teachers. Math support is offered on Wednesday by one of our math teachers.
Daily ESP Schedule Overview
- 3:15-3:45 PM – Snack, review ESP schedule for the day, bathroom breaks, get homework out
- 3:45-4:15 PM – Homework time
- Students in Grade 1 and up will use this time to complete any assigned homework, practice spelling words, work on Bible memory verse, practice math facts, and read. Students in Grade 5 and up can get teacher support as outlined in the Homework Support section, above.
- Preschool and Kindergarten students will use this time to look at books, listen to stories, and draw.
- 4:15-4:30 PM – Recess break (outside, weather permitting)
- 4:30-5:15 PM – Group activities (changes each day; includes creative activities, games, outdoor activities, group challenges, physical activities, and more)
- 5:15-5:30 PM – Clean up and pack up belongings
Drop-ins are allowed for ESP and Homework/Math Support if parents notify the school 24 hours ahead of time and the maximum number of students has not been reached.
Cost and Billing
- Cost for the Preschool/Kindergarten Aftercare program (11:45 a.m.-3:15 p.m.) is $16/day.
- Cost for the Extended School Program (3:15-5:30 p.m.) is $20/day.
Tuition accounts are billed monthly based on the selections made on your registration form or on your child’s drop-in attendance. If you are registered for regular weekly attendance, there are no refunds for missed days.