“I am leaving you with a gift – peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.” – John 14:27
Current plans for reopening
Our reopening plans are based on the state’s six-stage reopening plan:
Stage Four Plan (current plan and where we are now): In-person learning
- All students are able to physically return to school with notable precautions in place.
- We have developed options for those students who need to work from home but wish to remain enrolled remotely. See FAQs for more details.
- When possible, we believe that in-person schooling is the best experience for a child’s overall health and education.
Stage Five Plan: In-person learning
- All students are able to physically return to school with less precautions in place.
- We are developing options for those students who need to work from home but wish to remain enrolled remotely. Currently, it will likely involve live streaming key parts of the school day. Unless ill, students would be expected to be online during live sessions. See FAQs for more details.
- It is possible that the state may move Michigan back and forth between stage four and five during the school year, depending on COVID-19 trends.
Stage Three Plan: Virtual learning
- If the state returns to stage three, all students are required to participate virtually.
- We will build on what we successfully accomplished in the spring (again, we thank our families for working with us and helping us to earn a 8.5 rating out of 9.0 in how we handled the spring), make needed adjustments and improvements, and distribute school Chromebooks.
- See FAQs for more details.
- This occurs when public health officials direct us to close our building and/or if stay at home orders resume.