Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. – Philippians 4:6-7
When possible, we believe that in-person schooling is the best experience for a child’s overall health and education.
Currently, AACS has reopened in-person (see FAQs) while ready to adjust if needed. Our goal is to provide families with a sense of reassurance, peace of mind and heart, and confidence that your student will be safe, loved, and educated to the best of our ability.
We are committed to making informed, reasonable, and wise decisions that are not based on wishful thinking, never-ending what-if’s, or fear in order to make the best out of incredible circumstances. We put our full faith in our loving and sovereign God and ask for His guidance as we use our God-given minds and hearts to hear His leading and to continue to be the best school we can be.
- Make preparation for our reopening.
- As new data emerges, we are committed to making responsible, informed, and wise adjustments and decisions.
- The school’s task force will continue to advise the staff with any new data or trends.
- School leadership will maintain regular communication with Christian Schools International, Michigan Association of Non-Public Schools, local private schools, and Washtenaw County Health Department to sharpen AACS’ decision-making processes.
Current plan and where we are now: In-person learning
- All students are able to physically return to school with appropriate precautions in place.
- We have developed options for those students who need to work from home but wish to remain enrolled remotely. See FAQs for more details.
- If the state or health department mandates a halt to in-person schooling, all students will participate virtually.
- We will build on what we successfully accomplished in the spring (again, we thank our families for working with us and helping us to earn a 8.5 rating out of 9.0 in how we handled the spring), make needed adjustments and improvements, and distribute school Chromebooks.
- See FAQs for more details.
- This occurs when public health officials direct us to close our building and/or if stay at home orders resume.