To protect the health of our school community and as required under the Emergency Order issued by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) Reporting of Confirmed and Probable Cases of COVID-19 at Schools on October 6, 2020, Ann Arbor Christian School will use this webpage to provide public notice regarding any school-associated cases of COVID-19. Within 24 hours of being notified of a confirmed or probable case by the Washtenaw County Health Department (or a neighboring health department), this dashboard will be updated.
IMPORTANT: This dashboard is not intended to provide notification of possible exposure. Individuals identified as close contacts of positive cases are contacted directly by the Washtenaw County Health Department (or another health department) and given instructions to isolate or quarantine. Close contact means you have been within 6-ft of infectious person for 15 minutes or more.
COVID-19 Cases Associated with AACS
Updated: October 19, 2020 at 8:00am. Last notification from health departments October 19, 2020 at 9:00am.
This data includes probable and confirmed cases among students, staff, teachers, coaches, or visitors, if the person with COVID-19 was in the building or participating in a school-sponsored function during their infectious period. Please note case reports are preliminary and may change. Thank you for understanding that, due to medical privacy laws, we are not able to release the names of the individuals with COVID-19.
|New Cases (Since 10/19/20)||
|Cumulative Cases (Since Reporting Began)||
|And/or cases by build/level, as appropriate.||
AACS Response Actions:
As a precaution, we will be disinfecting applicable areas of the school, provide the health department with any contact information that they need, and following any other guidance from the health department.
ACTIONS YOU CAN TAKE:
We recommend taking action to help limit the spread of COVID-19, even if staff members or students are not experiencing symptoms:
- Wear a mask (covering mouth and nose) as recommended or required by health authorities
- Practice social distancing (maintaining a distance of 6 feet apart).
- Practice frequent hand washing (using soap for 20 seconds or hand sanitizer with 60% alcohol).
- Follow capacity restrictions of social gatherings.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or with the inside of your elbow and immediately wash your hands.
- Stay home if you are sick; you can also get tested.
- Answer the phone or call back promptly if the health department contacts you. A contact tracer may be trying to reach you with important information.
This information does not mean you should quarantine or isolate. Individuals who were or are suspected to have been in close contact with a positive case will be notified by the Washtenaw County Health Department or school officials.
If you have additional any questions, you can contact visit Washtenaw County Health Department’s COVID-19 webpages at www.washtenaw.org/covid19.