Who We Are
As a Christian community, we:
- Profess faith in God as our Creator, and interweave God’s infallible Word — the Old and the New Testaments — into the teaching of all subjects.
- Acknowledge Jesus Christ as our personal Savior, and affirm Christ as Lord in all areas of life.
- Believe the Holy Spirit is working among us, and encourage each student to discover his or her unique gifts and respond to God’s guidance.
Maintain a Christ-centered focus
- Recognize that Ann Arbor Christian School is Christ’s school and that all school activities are to glorify God.
- Nurture students’ spiritual growth through prayer, worship, and Bible study so they learn to apply Biblical principles to their lives.
- Encourage students to develop a fervent love for the Lord Jesus Christ and a desire to serve Him throughout their lives.
Provide excellent academics
- Recognize each student’s uniqueness, and challenge students to fully develop the spiritual, intellectual, artistic, and physical gifts God has given them.
- Balance teaching of basic skills with units that incorporate many subject areas.
- Guide students toward a Christian worldview by integrating faith into academic subjects.
Challenge teachers and staff to excel
- Offer staff members the opportunity for professional growth.
- Provide salaries and compensation designed to attract and retain highly qualified Christian teachers.
- Encourage teachers to draw appropriate materials from varied resources and adapt curriculum instruction to meet students’ learning needs.
Partner with parents in a Christian community
- Involve parents to actively participate in the education of their children and ensure open communication between parents and teachers.
- Provide opportunities for parents to serve in the day-to-day operation, success, and promotion of the school.
- Build a caring community recognized for loving God and loving our neighbor as ourselves.
Operate the school with integrity and Christian love
- Follow God’s Law and all governmental laws that apply to preschool through 8th grade Christian education and childcare.
- Establish the parent-run governing body of the school through annual elections.
- Exercise fiscal responsibility through creative stewardship of our community’s resources.
Please click here to view our school bylaws.
Ann Arbor Christian School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school administered programs, including the Association’s membership and hiring practices.